From this point onwards, patch notes will be compiled and shared in a biweekly post. This way, we won’t clutter the announcements section while still giving major improvements and additions to Staxel the spotlight they deserve.
We will keep this section readable and succinct. For more detailed and technical patch notes, see http://wiki.playstaxel.com/Changelog
- Staxel is now running in 64 Bit:
- Staxel now uses FNA.
- Cards and Emotes are now avaliable!
- Steam Networking.
- New camera mode, “Selfie Mode”, when pressing X.
- New hats.
- New recipes.
- Flowers drop petals for crafting.
- Commands can now get players with spaces in names by surrounding names with “”. (i.e. /kickplayer “Hah You Can’t Kick Me”)“
- Tutorial Skip for players who have been through the tutorial once before.
- Text Speed option. It can be made 5x faster.
Due to 64bit, the following changes have occured:
- Less Out Of Memory Errors. Less Purple Screens.
- Improved lower end performance. Performance Stability should be increased.
- Graphics Card usage is down.
- Disk Usage is down.
- Note: Reported memory usage (RAM) is up. This is due to Staxel not hiding memory in the Page File anymore.
- All postboxes and signs (Totems) have two tiers. Shops won’t immediately die when you take their boxes. Important signs also give a warning when you break them.
- A lot of price changes have been made.
- A lot of work has been done to lower Hard drive usage. It is now under control.
- World generation and Level Of Detail generation have been sped up.
- Tutorial changes, most for those not the admin of the server.
- Animal behaviour is more reliable. They also have more trouble jumping over fences. (Still an area we are working on.)
- A large number of fixes were made. Game should crash less, and more systems should work as expected.